I let this blog go for a long time, but I'm feeling the need to speak again...
I'm now 'involuntarily retired' and actually living under the poverty line, which in 2026 is $15,960. This is fixed income (Social Security and a very small pension).
On a temporary basis, I can scrape by, but like everyone, expenses are increasing almost on a daily basis. In a couple of years, homeowners insurance, which is the largest part of the monthly bill will increase to the point where I can't afford my home. Nope, it's not paid off, and that won't happen for another 19 years. I probably won't live to see that.
SNAP, LiHeap, various low income programs for internet and phone, foodbanks and Medicaid are my lifelines. These all require a lot of documentation on a semi-annual basis, because you know, the poors are such thieves that they have to watch us like hawks.
I'll check in more regularly from now on. Thanks to anyone reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment