- End the unnecessary wars.
- Cut the DOD budget by $50 Billion a year for five years.
- Bring all American military back to the USA.
- Increase the monthly Medicare Part B premium to $250 a month (now about $115); there are NO freebies in life. (I'd add that this can be income/means based)
- Raise the amount of income that is Social Security taxable.
- Go back to the 39.6% top marginal tax bracket.
- Reduce the federal workforce by 20%, or more.
- End the tax subsidies to highly profitable industries.
- End all foreign aid.
I have to say, these are excellent ideas. Sadly, they will never be implemented because of foolish politicians whose only concern is kicking the can down the road and getting re-elected.
I would add:
- End all "free trade" agreements — now. Bring those jobs back to the US.
- End corporate welfare to companies that ship jobs overseas.
- Dissolve the Federal Reserve. It's immoral, obscene and against what our founding fathers believed in.